Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ficathon! and other fanfic-related ramblings


Yup, I did the Ficathon this year! This year's theme is "non-couple interaction," so things are bound to be interesting. I did Ami/Jade, which was apparently quite popular. I'm not allowed to tell what I wrote about yet, since the stories don't become available to the public for a couple of weeks. Only four days until the participants are able to see each other's! I can't wait to read them. "Flash of Crystal Tokyo" sounds interesting, and so does "BrideFight." It sounds like we aren't going to be told who the author is, so it'll be fun to guess.

All this has put me in a writing mood, so I'm going back over all my old stories from high school and trying to whip them into shape. Some of them, however, are beyond help. Teen angst poetry is bad enough, but teen angst poetry about SailorMoon characters is just wrong. And then there's the abomination that is The Fragile Flower--Ganondorf x OC, nuff said. Not that I'm really that much better of a writer now, but I usually have enough restraint not to post it. (Crystal Generation notwithstanding...)

Speaking of fan fiction, Yume can't wait for the next chapter of Drawing Conclusions! That whole series is awesome. It's funny, it's touching, and the characterization is spot-on. Ah, I hope she updates soon... *goes to re-read again*

No comments:

Tags